Call for Proposals: Towards Enhanced Climate Change Adaptation and an Inclusive Adaptive Green Economy in South Africa
The Government of Flanders has a long-standing relationship with the Government of South Africa. The Country Strategy Paper III (CSP III) 2017-2021, which is the product of a joint consultation process between the two governments, is focused on contributing to the evidence base for climate change adaptation (CCA) as a means for advancing South Africa’s transition to a climate resilient society and an inclusive adaptive green economy.
The shared focus of the Governments of South Africa and Flanders is the support of innovative solutions to the current challenges related to climate change, bringing about an inclusive green economy which addresses the country’s triple challenges of poverty, unemployment and inequality. Three basic conditions (inclusiveness, gender equality and good governance) which promote inclusive development have been identified and must be fully integrated into the implementation of the CSP III.
Through this Call for Proposals (CfP) the Government of Flanders will provide grant funding to non-state actors for interventions contributing to a more climate resilient and just South Africa. The areas of work identified and prioritized for CCA projects, which are aligned to the priority sectors and themes for CCA as outlined in the CSP III can be found in the Application Guidelines.
The following types of activities will be supported through the call for proposal:
- Innovation, testing and piloting related to climate change adaptation
- Awareness raising, knowledge dissemination and advocacy on climate change adaptation
- Capacity building and training on climate change adaptation for multiple actors
- Inclusive platforms and partnerships on transformative climate change adaptation
Applicants must note that proposed projects / initiatives must align with criteria set out in the Application Guidelines, which are obtainable below.
Closing date and time: 26 May 2018 at 23h59.
1. What is the maximum duration for the project? The duration should be between 36 and 48 months.
2. Can we submit more than 1 proposal? Yes, you can submit more than 1 proposal as a lead applicant, you can also participate in more than 1 proposal as a partner. Or a combination of both.